By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who…
1. Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an
awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life;
2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to
experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from
diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey;
3. Seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:
- Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics,
- Believers and agnostics,
- Women and men,
- Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities,
- Those of all classes and abilities;
4. Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of
what we believe;
5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in
questioning than in absolutes;
6. Strive for peace and justice among all people;
7. Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth;
8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.
More info and study guides available at www.progressivechristianity.org
The Fountains is part of progressivechristianity.org’s GLOBAL NETWORK, a listing of individuals, small groups, and churches.
CLICK HERE to add Your Voice to the Progressive Christian movement today by listing yourself or your group to the global directory and connect with like-minded individuals, help others find your community and be a part of something bigger than yourself!